Live in Joy Yoga & Wellness
200 Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training
Begins October, 2017
Become a yoga instructor or simply deepen your understanding of yoga (perfect for anybody who wishes to teach or not). Our Ayurvedic Yoga 200 hour certification program allows students to not only delve deeper into the spirit of living and experiencing the many layers of Yoga & Ayurveda, but also understand the foundational teachings.
Understand and experience the essence of Yoga and Ayurveda, and how to practically integrate them into a daily lifestyle. We will integrate the fundamentals of Ayurveda, teaching techniques, anatomy, physiology (Western and Ayurvedic perspectives), Sanskrit,Vedic philosophy, lifestyle, mantra, meditation and so much more!
Throughout this course you will gain practical teaching experience and leave with tools to effectively lead group and private classes in Ayurvedic Yoga. Teaching yoga is both a service to humanity and a practice of evolving oneself. Learning and practicing with others forms friendships and community that support growth on all levels.
Live in Joy’s program teachers and mentors offer teachings in ways that are practical, engaging, enjoyable and safe while honoring the great ancient traditions of Yoga & Ayurveda. We encourage and help yoga practitioners to discover their own true nature and teach from their unique authentic Self.
Program of Study
*The 8 limbs of yoga
*Fundamentals of Ayurveda
* Asana - poses, variations and Ayurvedic application
* Teaching principles of demonstration, alignment and adjustments, balancing doshas & seasonal flows
* Sanskrit: learn the names of yoga postures as well as Yoga & Ayurveda terminology
* Essential text: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali & Bhavagad-Gita
* Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
* Pranayama (breathing techniques)
* Bhandas, mudras and kriyas (yogic healing and cleansing techniques)
* Meditation, mindfulness & self-inquiry
* Create & teach various class-styles and levels
* Anatomy and bio-mechanics of yoga postures
* So much more!
2017/2018 Training Dates & Times (Subject to change)
Mid-week Dates: Thursday evenings 6-9pm
Weekends: Fridays 6-9pm, Saturday 12-6pm, Sunday 1-6pm
October 13, 14, 15
November 3, 4, 5
December 1, 2, 3
January 12, 13, 14
Feburary 9, 10, 11
March 9, 10, 11
April 13, 14, 15
May 4, 5, 6
June 1, 2, 3
Thursday Evenings: 6-9pm
November 9, 30
December 14, 28
January 4, 24
February 1, 22
March 1, 15, 29
April 5, 26
May 10, 17
Total investment is $2,875
Early Bird Savings - Save $300!
$2,575 Register by 9/15
$500 non-refundable deposit required for registration
Monthly Payment plan is available